9.10.2006

Thematic

1. This morning at brunch, I amused myself by thinking up mottos for Honeychild and Big Daddy. And after dashing off many similar sounding platitudes, Big Daddy told me that I was reminding him of a movie called 'Being There' in which the main character's statements are mistaken for insightfulness. When pressed, BD said that he felt this main character might have been 'mildly retarded'.

2. While on vacation, my niece kept describing me as 'simple'.

3. I spent much of my time at last night's party spinning in circles and attempting to deconstruct D's birthday cake.

1+2+3 = I'm not as smart as I think I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart and simple are two different things. In my opinion, they are both good things to be. Complicated is just that...Stay smart and simple. Life is supposed to be fun!