9.22.2006

Food

I have weird food stuff going on.

And no, I'm not talking about my well documented/widely discussed issues with mixing fruit and meat (D might recall my horror when he poured orange juice over a chicken in preparation for roasting, or LK may remember when I proclaimed certain meatballs on my plate at IKEA 'irretrievably ruined' because they had touched the lingonberry sauce).

And I'm also not referencing my tendency to document and monitor what I eat, particularly my protein/fat intake. I realized the other day that I've been dieting, in some form or another, since I was 18.

No, lately, I have absolutely zero appetite. Nothing sounds appealing to me, and the thought of eating an entire substantive meal makes me feel nauseous. So, I'm just really not eating all that much. Which is really strange when you consider that I've also quit smoking recently. And that I love food.

I'm going out to 'dinner' with JP tonight. Perhaps he'll allow me to count vodka and cranberry juice as a meal...

No comments: