9.20.2006

The Report

Today, I, the ridiculous one:

- reconsidered my decision to wear a pencil skirt and high heels when simultaneous emergencies at Dream Job had me running all over the place for about 4 hours. Further deliberation was warranted when the side slit in my skirt tore a bit, exposing more leg than I ever intended at work.

- ate only a protein bar and a cup of oatmeal. All day.

- wrote the 8th draft of my grant proposal and submitted it to my supervisor, praying for approval.

- received an e-mail from The ARH that made me happy and sad at the same time. Sending a reply (thus re-opening the door) scared the crap out of me. But my life needs to be about jumping in rather than shutting down.

- attended an interview so I can begin taking Spanish classes. The teacher began by emitting a rapid stream of Spanish and then looking at me. I told him that I didn't understand, which is why I need to take the class. He ignored this statement, pointed to my coffee and said something else. In Spanish. Using my extremely limited language capabilities, I nodded and said 'cafe mi gusto'. That means I like coffee, right?

- with the help of a friend, shifted my ideas of what I need to do about my family situation, and basically told them that I don't want their half-assed, belated birthday celebration. And I only feel a little anxious about this decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need or want a Spanish conversation partner or a study partner, let me know. I'm trying to learn Spanish too.