9.23.2006

Empanada Mama

I think I have a new girlfriend.

The Lawyer and I had lunch at Empanada Mama today. She was telling me about her Friday night activities, which included an art exhibit and then dinner with the son of a family friend. The Lawyer said that at certain points in the evening, she felt as though she was on a date. She had wanted to tell him beforehand that she was gay, but never really found that appropriate time.

My suggestion was to lead off with the information. (Walk up to him, extend hand, and say 'Hi, I'm [The Lawyer] and I am a gay American.')

While I was trying out various iterations of 'Hello, I'm gay...', our waitress approached our table to take our order. She heard the sentence, paused, smiled widely at me, glanced at my chest, then looked into my eyes and asked what I wanted. And then she was...very attentive...throughout our meal.

Apparently, in certain establishments in Hell's Kitchen, I'm also a gay American.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, there's nothing wrong with sleeping with someone for free empanadas.

Anonymous said...

After attending The Bone and Groomzilla's wedding, we're all Gay Americans!

Dewey Dismal said...

I wish tacos were free...That'd be sweet...