9.18.2006

I Left My (Broken) Heart in San Francisco

"My only goal is just to be." - Rent

Ok, well, I'm still here, so I haven't really 'left' it yet, and I'm also not sure my heart is broken, maybe only cracked.

But I need to learn not to underestimate how much less wounded I can feel when I focus on myself. There is something incredibly empowering around flying across the country, spending the weekend exploring a beautiful city (including a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, which I just got back from), and just letting each day unfold without any expectations about what it will bring.

Last night, I attended the wedding of two close friends. I wasn't sure how I would feel about celebrating love (and wow, how selfish to let my stuff possibly overshadow this event) but it was ok. It was more than ok. I walked into the wedding, single and strong, with a smile on my face, knowing in my soul that better days will come.

And then, with the help of The Fisherman, a dive bar jukebox, and Journey...I rocked the post-reception happenings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve Perry makes everything better.