9.30.2006

New Roommate

(Doesn't roommate always look like it's spelled wrong?)

Discovery
One morning, while making coffee, I found some suspicious looking, um, brown objects in my cabinet. Internet investigation leads me to believe that these, um, brown objects are the by-products of a mouse.

Disclosure
ridiculouschick: 'I have a mouse in my house.'
MC: 'Did you really just say that? What are you, Doctor Seuss?'

ridiculouschick: 'I have a mouse in my house.'
DJ: 'You certainly do like to live with the critters, don't you?'

ridiculouschick: 'I have a mouse in my house.'
The Lawyer: 'I'm not coming over any more.'

Disgusting
Further searching leads to more, um, brown objects, a frantic 3 hour cleaning spree, and removal of all food from the cabinets into the (hopefully) impenetrable refrigerator.

Death
Upon LK's advice (and contemplation of MS and Groom's own mouse extermination saga), I purchase the 'humane' electronic mousetrap, which is billed as 'quick kill'! and has a 'flashing light [which] indicates kill'! I spend about half an hour struggling with the batteries, and another half an hour trying to figure out what the 'On' position is.

I think it's working.

I just don't want to hear it working. And I'm not relishing the thought of emptying it either.

3 comments:

chichimama said...

I'll make you the same offer I made MS and Groomzilla....I have a cat who can cure all your mouse woes. AND he is a cutie too...as long as he doesn't find a skunk on 9th ave.

nyczoo said...

Is it just me, or does the description of the "humane" trap with the "light indicating kill" sound slightly reminiscent of the traps used in "Ghostbusters?"

I just admitted far too much knowledge of "Ghostbusters," didn't I?

Anonymous said...

D-Con worked well for me. Its a poison and the mouse usually just disappears.