7.19.2007

Pffft

Waaaaaay back in 1994, when I graduated from college with a degree in English Textual Studies (no, I still don't know what that means) and was qualified to do...absolutely nothing, I got a job at Cellular One as a Customer Care Representative.

Did I "care", as the job dictated? No, no I did not. My workday basically consisted of a lot of angry people, screaming at me over their cellular service.

And this morning, I'm right back there as I enter round 100 of trying to get reimbursement from my health insurance provider. I'm using the same words/phrases as those jerks I dealt with so long ago...you know: "unacceptable", "ridiculous", "ludricrous", "put me through to a manager", etc.

I'm the jerk. I'm the jerk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But isn't being the jerk so much more fun?

Though, I do remember a call you guys had that got passed around the company and was pretty hysterical. I guess you should strive to be a responsible jerk balancing the fine line between pissed off customer jerk (but understandably so) and complete lunatic whose irate messages get sent around the company...

Dewey Dismal said...

Rats patootie was the phrase if I recall correctly.