7.09.2007

Sicko

My health insurance battles continue.

I *have* received a check partially reimbursing me for my January medical expenses. However, December is 'somewhere in the claims department' and I'm just starting to reluctantly pursue all of the other months.

To add to the fun, they refuse to cover my prescription for Zyrtec which prevents my allergic reaction to cats. When I spoke with them this morning, they stated they do not cover any antihistamines, even with an authorization letter from my doctor. The good news is, I had no problem getting my inhaler, so at least when the allergic reaction happens, I won't have to go to the hospital.

Fabulous.

Drawing upon the lessons about advocacy learned in both graduate school and in, you know, life - my plan is to present myself personally at their offices on Wednesday morning to resolve my claims. I have a bad head cold which might help my cause: if it continues as it has today, I'll be sneezing and snotting and blowing my nose all over the lucky claims agent who gets to help me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your health insurance pain, my friend.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Yikes. Good luck with it all. I'm surprised that you've even received your first check!

andebobandy said...

you, me, and the caitlinator can commiserate. how can a trip to the emergency room in a neck brace strapped to a board after a loss of consciousness *not* be covered by our insurance, which clearly states that they will cover ambulance rides in the event of an emergency? bastards.