7.20.2007

Doctor Visit

So...had my annual check-up this morning.

1. I think when my blood test results come back, the reading will be something like 90% white wine, based upon last night's celebratory happenings.
2. The other 10% will be pizza.
3. I got weighed. The number distressed me until I remembered that my clothing has got to account for at least 10 pounds of the total.
4. It was really strange to hear myself say that I started smoking at age 17 and quit in January 2007. I'm no math genius, but that's, um, 17 years of smoking.
5. My lungs sounded 'clear'.
6. Heart: still murmuring. Hopefully, after the EKG and Echocardiogram, I will be cleared to run the marathon.
7. The NP asked if I was currently in any pain. I considered telling her about my hangover, then decided against it.
8. The doctor asked about my job, commented that it must be stressful, to which I found myself saying "I love trauma."
9. What? Yeah, I don't know either.
10. The initial assessment was that I am 'healthy'. Fooled them!

1 comment:

Buggy B said...

Wow look how close you are to that Marathon and after smoking all those years. I knwo how hard it is to run but I can't imagine doing it after quiting smoking. congrats on the great.... ummmmm... health report. :)