7.12.2007

Game, Set, Match

The activity on my match.com account has really picked up in the last week or so. A review of the contenders:

The Comedian
Day Job: Accountant
Hobbies: Stand Up Comedy
Status: First date, 7.10.07
Thoughts: On our date, there were times when I felt like he was performing his stand up routine for me. But he very sweetly brought me a pack of my favorite bubblegum, which I had mentioned weeks ago when we first started talking.

The Smart Guy
Day Job: Med./Grad. Student at Yale
Hobbies: Um, just getting through two degrees at Yale.
Status: Email
Thoughts: His emails are well written, witty, and interesting. He's got a degree in epidemiology, and is writing his doctoral dissertation on race and hospital care, which is pretty cool. Photos are a little blurry, though.

The Self Professed Geek
Day Job: IT Consultant
Hobbies: Geek Stuff (his words, not mine)
Status: match.com messages
Thoughts: Lives on Long Island and I'm not sure I could handle the long distance...even though it's not really that long. On the plus side, his emails are really funny.

Beach Guy
Day Job: Chemistry Teacher
Hobbies: Anything related to the beach.
Status: match.com messages
Thoughts: His protrait made me laugh out loud (in a good way). He's a little young, and lives on Long Island (see above).

Yoga Guy
Day Job: Freelance Art Director
Hobbies: Certified Yoga Instructor, Thai Massage
Status: Email
Thoughts: Absolutely love his emails, and anyone who wants to turn our first date into 'ice creamapalooza' is just fine with me.

No comments: