7.03.2007

From The Home Office In...

Since Cherry did a list of 10, I'm gonna do a list of 10.

1. I am currently very, very tan. While on vacation, I used 30 sunblock all week but am still tan (thank you, 50% Italian genes!). I look really good tan. I know this sounds conceited, but seriously, I look good. I'm actually thinking it's a shame to waste my tan hotness on work right now. I should be out somewhere slutting it up.

2. I, too, feel like I am the only one at work today. I am debating going outside for lunch because I'm sure I'll see a parade of people, walking toward the subway, released at an early hour from their jobs.

3. Then again, it's freezing in my office and going outside would help me defrost.

4. One of the only things I miss about my corporate ex-job was the 'surprise' pre-holiday go home early. I'll be here until 8 tonight. Sigh.

5. After staying in my apartment while I was away, and with me through the weekend until this morning, MS packed up and left to go to work, then Boston. Where he lives now. It's gonna be a little sad to go home tonight and not have a roommate to giggle with.

6. Monday night drinkfest? Check. Druids? Check. Wine followed by beer? Check. Bad idea? Check.

7. In the immortal words of Phil Collins, Genesis, Abacab...I've received 'No Reply At All' to my missive to the ARH. Ah well. I thought about it during vacation, and realized that this is a man who didn't choose to be with me - not once, but twice. Surely I deserve something better than that.

8. Damn, it's really cold in here. Despite my self-professed hotness.

9. Has anyone tried the new 'Frosty Freeze' from Wendy's? Man, those are good. Once again, I'm going to choose to believe that milkfat is essential for marathon training.

10. And speaking of running, I really need to get my ass in gear. Everything is in place for November 18th (hotel, cheering section, race registration, gear) except for my ability to run 26.2 miles.

3 comments:

LORMO said...

Let's go slut it up!

I'm always ready for that.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Re: #4 - it can be overrated. My office usually calls it quits early before a holiday and this time IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! WTF?

Re: #10 - get to it, girl! November is practically right around the corner.

Nice, list, btw.

andebobandy said...

so i saw the map of the marathon, but not the countdown. maybe watching the seconds tick away would help you get back in gear.
i've used this script: http://www.hashemian.com/tools/javascript-countdown.htm.