5.16.2007

Vows of Poverty

I woke up this morning thinking about my finances. Specifically, that I am living paycheck to paycheck, and I really hate it.

So I lay in bed going over my expenses (sexy!) and came to realize that there is a very definite reason why I am struggling to get by each month (other than, you know, that I'm a social worker and I live in New York City, and I go out a lot.)

My stupid insurance company owes me $1600 in medical reimbursements from 4 months of out-of-pocket expenses! (And my ex-fiance owes me $28,000 - but that's a story for another time.)

I'm no math genius, but I believe that an extra $400 each month would surely make a difference in my budget. And so my mission of the day (directly after writing a grant that is due tomorrow, and seeing clients, and all that job stuff) is to harrangue and harass my insurance provider until I get paid.

And thus it is written and thus it shall be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yul Brynner couldn't have said it better

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Good luck with that. You might wanna play the lottery too - as you'll probably have a better chance of getting money that way before you get it back from insurance.

andebobandy said...

if you pursue the goal of getting your payback with the same fervor that you trained for the 1/2 marathon, you'll get your cash. you'll likely sweat and suffer as much, but i believe it'll happen.