5.09.2007

Television Is My New BFF...

...along with red wine and the gulping of the aforementioned red wine.

As of today, I'm all caught up with Veronica Mars (iTunes), Ugly Betty, Notes From The Underbelly, Brothers & Sisters (ABC.com), and Lost, Season 1 (Netflix).

Oh, and now I can actually watch shows as they are broadcast because I've finally figured out how to split the signal from my internet connection. (If anyone from Time Warner cable is reading this, I am totally kidding.)

My guilty pleasure of the moment is The Bachelor, which I cannot stop watching, especially since I attended grad school with one of the contestants. Seriously, it's just so cheese-tastic and awful, particularly when they show him tooling around in his I-have-a-small-penis sports car, or when they play "Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong" in homage to the 'Officer and a Gentleman' theme. Awkward dating situations/interactions are mighty fun when you're not personally involved.

If I put some serious effort into it, I can be ready for the new Grey's Anatomy tomorrow night, and get through Lost, Season 2 by Saturday afternoon.

See? I was all worried about goals and boredom and lack of direction and blah, blah, blah after the half marathon, but I'm going to be just fine. (I could probably lay off some of the 'celebratory' eating, but that's a post for another day.)

2 comments:

chichimama said...

I'm bachelor addicted as well. Oh, to be so young and dumb again...I wanted to shake some sense into Amber Monday.

Buggy B said...

ohhhh I hate the bachelor. lol.

I am doing what your doing and deciding that not running feels so good. Eating, sleeping, tv are all great time fillers now that I don't have to be running. I am thinking of smoking to control weight gain now? Just Kidding.

To be honest I am disappointed in my marathon time and looking at a marathon in Sept to redeem myself, that or be a failure.

Buggy