4.17.2007

I Am A Hobbit

My appetite / eating is out of control lately. Out of control.

I find myself eating second and third breakfasts, and then multiple lunches and dinners. Example: on Friday evening, I took down a pita filled with roast chicken / cheese / hot sauce. An hour later, I had 4 empanadas and a large salad. Yet another hour later, I finished an entire pint of ice cream. And then I got out of bed around 11:00 pm to have a snack (graham crackers with peanut butter & soymilk). The rampage continued for most of the weekend. (The highlight might have been the cheeseburger with avocado and bacon, accompanied by a baked potato the size of my head and loads of Easter candy, consumed with MS on Saturday night.)

J. assures me that he was eating 4 or 5 pints of ice cream per week at the height of his marathon training. I guess that is something to keep in mind as I troll the aisles of the grocery store, looking for my next fix - that it's all about the running.

Addendum: I'm definitely thinking about the training as I sit here and chug a 32 oz. Gatorade (56 grams of carbs, yo!) because it's scientifically formulated. There's even a diagram with chemical compounds and a human body, so you know it's true.

2 comments:

chichimama said...

M has been eating up a storm too. Makes me want to train for a marathon too!

Anonymous said...

It's DEFINITELY the running. I started wanting to devour everything in sight at one point and Billy got scared and started carrying around a jar of peanut butter everywhere he went.