4.11.2007

Bright, Bright Sunshiny Day

Yesterday evening, I medicated my grumpiness with sushi, white wine, tasti-delite (thanks for the suggestion, Caitlin) and the company of a good friend.

And later on in the night, when we arrived home, with rum over ice, poured into a coffee cup. (I'm not sure why I used a coffee cup. But there's something delightfully trashy about it.)

Today, a new tactic. Positive thinking: I ran six miles this morning. It's sunny. The bakery across the street still had raisin bran muffins when I arrived at 11:00 am (they're usually sold out). My new shampoo smells great. At last count, 8 people will be traveling to watch me race on the 29th even though it is far away and absurdly early. I live in New York City. I'm getting a tax refund. The weekend will be here soon.

I'm just going to continue like this all day and see where it leads me. I'll probably manage to annoy myself and others, but I'm committed.

No comments: