4.19.2007

Gotta Have...

"To choose what is difficult all one's days, as if it were easy, that is faith."
WH Auden
I'm struggling with my faith this week. (No, not religious. Geez. In general. Faith in general. Generic faith, if you will. )

Small leaps of faith allow me to get out of bed in the morning and leave my apartment and be present throughout my day.

I'm not sure what to say about the larger jumps. I'm looking for signs that things are going to work themselves out. This annoys me, because things and stuff and whatnot always DO work themselves out for the best, in their own time, and this is rarely evident while all the things and stuff and whatnot are going on.

Maybe I need to make 3 lists, each titled with "things", "stuff", and "whatnot" so I can realize how insignificant they are. (They will not be important, at some given point in time. This I know.)

Or I could write some haiku. Or be unrepentantly silly. (Or understand that those two things are not mutually exclusive.)

Or do anything else that reinforces that I can just be.

No comments: