11.15.2005

Wedding Rings and The Worm

I just returned from probably the only perk I'll ever receive as a Social Worker: a benefit at One Little West 12th for T.O.R.C.H. My friend, Lizard, is interning there, and for the small price of volunteering for a few hours, I (little person) was able to mingle with the crowd (big people). I have to admit, I sold the crap out of the silent auction items. And I am multi-talented enough to do that while flagging down the waitstaff who are proferring mini mushroom pizza and white wine.

The attendance was pretty random. I always equate men in business suits with severe uptightness. So it's surprising when one of them blatantly tells me that he wants to sleep with me, and then busts out the worm on the dance floor in an effort to impress me. Too bad they were all married.

No comments: