11.20.2005

Also Missing

Two weeks ago I sent my iPod in for repair. It was emotionally very difficult to place my most valued possession in a box, hand it to the Fedex lady (who, 15 minutes previously had examined my NY State driver's lisence and asked what country I was from) and trust that it would safely reach its destination, and furthermore, that it would actually be returned to me in working condition.

Since I haven't had my iPod for the past two weeks, I've heard more of this city than I've really needed to. I'm suddenly privy to annoying conversations between the people blocking the sidewalk in front of me. I'm now aware of the exhortations to save my soul by the religious fanatics on the subway. And, what is the by far the most intrusive, I take notice of the chatter in the school computer lab which is supposed to be a 'silent zone'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found you! And found that you are a very entertaining writer! xoxo -Ducky