11.19.2005

It's Going To Be A Long Season


*Sigh* I miss these two...

I'm don't know if Hakim Warrick made it into the NBA, so I'm not sure where he is. And after a horrible performance tonight against the Gators, I can't locate Gery McNamara. The Gerry that I know (he of the six 3-pointers in the first half of a championship game, for example) wouldn't have been throwing air-balls, committing turnovers and generally floundering all over the court. With the loss of three key seniors, the team needs a new leader, and from what I saw tonight, it's not going to be him.

Last night, I frightened my Columbia girls by screaming at the television during our bi-monthly Girls' Night, which was the only way to urge my team to victory over Texas Tech (and, really, so much was at stake - the evil that is Bobby Knight, the fact that the team was from TexASS). Tonight, DM had to endure another night of my yelling as we attended the game at MSG. My only consolation is that Gators fans seem to fulfill every stereotype that I hold about the kind of folks that emerge from rural Florida.

On an interesting sidenote, during her lunch hour today, DM saw people that were preparing to camp out overnight at the Virgin Megastore to see System of a Down. Puzzled by this behavior, we were both trying to devise a situation in which we would subject ourselves to freezing temperatures to obtain tickets. I still can't come up with anything.

No comments: