10.13.2005

Rain, rain, go away...

I'm sitting in my office, watching the rain continue to pour down. My skirt and feet are still wet from my walk to the subway this morning. I am trying to warm up by drinking chai tea. I am also eating Laffy Taffy, but I'm not sure what that is doing for me, other than spiking my blood sugar levels.

I don't know how my friend MC managed to live in England, where it rains all the time. We're going on one week of this in New York, and I am already feeling miserable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's totally easy. You just have to be clinically depressed and thirty pounds overweight. A breeze!

MC

Groomzilla said...

Laffy Taffy is neither laffy nor taffy: discuss.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and doing so with such humour. Next time you're having a bad week in the rain, don't take pity on your friend in England - no, think of those living in Scotland. When it isn't raining here it is only because there is hail or snow coning down in bucketfulls. Summer lasts for 2 days and it usually rains on at least one of them. Apart from that - its great!