10.29.2005

Here I am Again

I just picked up my repaired shoes, and received a finger-wagging lecture from the ancient proprietor to 'never ever' use crazy glue again to fix a broken heel. He then patted my cheek and said that I seemed like 'a nice girl' and that he would be taking money off the cost of repair. I feel slightly icky about this.

On my way back home, I noticed (not hard to do, since there is huge portion of the sidewalk marked off with yellow tape and several men trying to hoist a rickety-looking scaffold up the side of a building) that they are painting the local paint store. Again. They just painted it last weekend. I'm perplexed. Are they doing this because they have an unlimited supply of paint? They didn't like the way the last job came out? There are huge differences in painting the building beige instead of light gray?

I couldn't get my licence yesterday, since I my passport was my proof of birth, and it is expired. Ridiculous. Does the fact that my passport expired change the fact that I was born? In the United States?

No comments: