10.24.2005

Disgustin'

My heat and hot water were not working this morning. This is unfortunate for several reasons, but mainly because this means I have not showered for 2 days, and I am at work. It's not really so unfortunate for me as it is for the people around me.

My last shower was on Saturday evening before going to a murder mystery costume party at R & M's (btw., my costume rocked, the theme was, um, Roman toga, and none of my sheets are white, so I hastily purchased a white paper tablecloth from Food Emporium on the way home from Mt. Sinai and attempted to safety pin it to myself, along with some gold leaf bands. Awesome.) Sunday morning, I opted for an extra 1/2 hour of sleep, so I skipped the shower, also reasoning that I had showered the night before and was still relatively clean. Sunday night I got home late from an afternoon of babysitting for The Peanut and was too exhausted to shower.

This morning, I went running, and then got home and turned on the water. And waited for it to get hot. And waited some more. And then called the management company, and finally the Super, who assured me that the boiler would be repaired by the end of the day today. I endured the ice-cold water for about 2 minutes before getting ready for work, but I'm not really what one would call 'clean'.

No comments: