1.30.2006

Very Drunk

I eat, making poor choices at 4:00 am (cornachos, gravy fries, pizza, chips) and horrible choices when I wake up the following afternoon (McDonald's).

I chain-smoke, later throwing out the remainder of the pack while calculating the cost per cigarette.

I'm not able to listen to friends, or to focus on their conversation, even when they are telling me that they need me.

I sometimes offend. I note the looks, the raised eyebrows, the few seconds of silence before nervous laughter, but I continue anyway.

I'm emotional, an unfillable void. Attempts to fill the emptiness (see: food, cigarettes, more alcohol) fail, not for lack of trying.

I float. Nothing touches me, and I touch nothing.

I laugh, I sing, I dance, I flirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good way to go out before jumping on that old wagon...

Guy said...

You're not alone. I use the same materials (and others), to fill the void in my life, yet it only keeps getting bigger. Damn the electric fence! Damn the electric fence!