1.17.2006

Today is the Greatest

Today is my first day back to school in a month and I am estatic to be here (note to self: review that sentence in approximately three weeks, assess mental state, and determine how you feel about school at that point in time). It feels great to use my brain again, to start thinking about the issues that I care about, and to begin my final semester in graduate school. As DJ said today - the sooner we start, we finish (which makes perfect sense, if you think about it).

I've already put together the first 'Girl's Night' of 2006, which will be held in my new apartment on Thursday, with the understanding that we will all be eating on the floor as I still have not procured any furniture other than my bed. I'm not quite sure about the logistics of the night, as there will mostly likely be a surplus of people in my tiny space, but someone is bringing vodka, which (to me, at least) ensures a good time. I'm anticipating 13 social work students (at last count), sitting in a circle on my living room floor, passing the bottle around. And maybe eating a little bit.

In more, um, sobering news...my boys lost last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, new apartment!

I have much to catch up on around here, but I will say the vodka sounds like a lovely addition to the new place.

ridiculous said...

hi mz manners: thanks for stopping by. and yes, even though i am training to be a therapist, it is sometimes ridiculous

dumb/dumber: i think it is against my friends' beliefs to be involved with anti-drinking campaigns

caitlin: welcome back!!!!!