1.22.2006

In and Out of Love

I feel like my blogging has been atrocious lately - flat and uninspired, containing nothing of real substance. Of course, this statement implies that in the past, my entries have been interesting, thought-provoking and substantive, which I'm not sure is the case either.

I can't really pinpoint the reason for the slump. For months, I was overwhelmed by topics that I could write about, which would spring to mind throughout the day. I had to carry a notebook with me (to capture my brilliance) so I would remember to write about it at a later point in time. I would harrass my friends with ideas, asking for their opinions. I even made frequent references to my blog in conversation (which was probably pretty annoying, reflecting back).

Lately, though, nothing. I have to force myself to think of stuff to write about, if I even remember at all.

I think I've fallen out of love with my blog.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Love isn't everything. As long as you remain good friends with your blog then your fans will be happy.
Well, a friendly fling now and then wouldn't go a-miss.

-Joe

Groomzilla said...

Have you considered asking your blog to dress up in something saucy?

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, but something tells me it's not quite the same thing.

g said...

"I can't really pinpoint the reason for the slump."

Well, there was that whole thing about 'bedbugs ate my life' but maybe I blew that out of proportion in my perception of things...