1.16.2006

Cold Feet

I'm writing from my desk at my internship. The college is pretty empty today, with students walking by the office at infrequent intervals. They all have the same look of annoyance of their faces, which I'm guessing is due to the fact that they are weighed down with luggage, and that their Winter Break is over. Or maybe they're just scowling when they see me, anticipating another 5 months of alcohol and substance use education to be sprung upon them in the dining hall and student center.

I've told myself that I am here to get a jump on the next semester, to make sure that I am well prepared for Wednesday, but I've mostly been taking advantage of internet with no time limits. The only drawback is that it is just as cold as it usually is in this office, and my feet (despite being cased in two pairs of socks) are twin blocks of ice. My need for warmth is battling my enjoyment of computer use.

No comments: