1.28.2006

On The Wagon

I've decided to quit drinking for a month, starting February 1st. This decision comes not from any calamitous night out (although there have been plenty of those) or embarrassing situation (and those too).

Of course, now that I've made the decision, my e-mail Inbox has been flooded with evites. And I really wonder what that Syracuse v. Georgetown game debauchery/college reunion is going to be like while I am sober. But if I look at every month of my life, there's going to be events and parties and girl's dinners which will cause me to reconsider.

I want to see what my life is like without alcohol. I think I'll feel better physically, and I anticipate feeling less emotional regret. I also wonder that I chose February, the shortest month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl. will be interested to hear how this pans out for you.