1.08.2008

Surprise

As it turns out, my teeth have been hurting *not* because I'm grinding and clenching during my sleep...but because my fillings are about a gazillion years old.

(When I told my dentist that my fillings were, um, filled in 1988 she almost did a spit-take. Almost.)

My dentist must be super motivated because she decided to replace once side of my mouth's fillings right there on the spot. 4 shots of Novocaine and all.

(Me: "But I just came in for a cleaning!"
Her: "No time like the present!")

So now I'm back at work, debating if I should cancel my 3 pm client, or just try to drool on through it.

1 comment:

Buggy B said...

OUCH, Be careful I think some dentist look at their income for hte month and then decide to turn up filling replacements. I had a dentist a couple years ago want to replace my fillings.

I have had some of them since the 70's (YES i am old) current dentist looks at them and said they are all in great shape don't mess with them till you need to.