1.29.2008

Day 1

I actually got my ass out of bed this morning and went to the gym before work. A few comments:

1. Why does it take so much effort to practice this kind of self-care? I feel like I'm constantly attending to what I'm eating and how much I'm working out. Getting myself back on track feels like it is becoming a 2nd job. (Ok, 3rd job if you count the private clients.)

2. It was much, much easier to get out of bed at 6:00 am when I was 30.

3. It was much, much easier to get out of bed at 6:00 am when I was living/sleeping alone.

4. I'm doing really well with my eating habits, although I have to consider that my office is being negatively impacted by my quest for lean proteins, in that it usually smells like tuna and hard-boiled egg whites.

5. It also looks weird when one of your co-workers is talking to you and you are hurriedly scooping the contents of a small can of tuna into your mouth as your rush betwen meetings and clients. I'd say I felt cat-like, but not in a good way.

6. Formal half-marathon training would need to begin February 17, which is even closer than I thought. I wonder if I'll be ready, considering that 2 miles of running is a huge accomplishment nowadays.

7. Drinking a lot of water is great. Drinking a lot of water when you don't have a functioning bathroom close to your office? Not so great.

8. It is odd to regard this diet/exercise routine as a necessity to manage stress levels, rather than a strategy for looking good.

9. I believe it's time for a nap.

No comments: