8.02.2007

Sweetness

Because I am crazy, I am naturally distrustful of anyone who is too nice to me. I am inclined to think that there are motives involved, or that something sinister is in the works. In fact, it's only after knowing me for a very long time that you can be completely sincerely nice to me without it setting off any alarm bells.

So it surprises me that my reaction to The Comedian has been a positive one. Because the niceness? It's pretty constant. (Well, as constant as it can be after only 3 weeks.)

He asks about my day and listens to the response. I mention, in passing, the new Harry Potter book, and he gets one for me. Even though he's a Mets fan (which I've magnanimously agreed to overlook) we're going to the Yankees game on Saturday. He wants to meet my friends, and gushes about me to his friends. He's already made super-secret dinner reservations for my birthday, which is a month away. When I stay at his apartment, my favorite cereal, soymilk, and coffee are available in the morning.

The biggest thing, though, is that he actively thinks about me. I had a semi-strange cardiology appointment on Tuesday, and he left a business lunch to call me to check how it went.

I'm still shying away from the g-word/b-word. But I'm guessing he'll be around for a little while.

3 comments:

chichimama said...

He wants to meet friends??? Do we qualify??? :-). Sounds lovely to me...hope all went well with the cardiologist...let me know. I'm rather familiar with the bizarre cardiologist appointments myself...

Buggy B said...

Hi you sweet, sweet, most adorable, lovable friend. j/k I am not that nice just ask around lol. We do want to know how your appointment went though and I am glad he is a nice guy and hope everything does continue on a good path. Now get your butt back to work and..... lol see what did I tell you.

Anonymous said...

So you're saying the way to your heart is to be mean to you? It'll be hard, but...

Nah, I can't do it. I'm so glad to hear you've got a nice one on the hook!