8.29.2007

finally, someone who is more of a mess than me or anyone i know

here's the deal: i've been emailing this girl from an internet "dating" site since late june. no harm right. bottom line is that we've made plans three times. that's right, three times, and she's canceled each time. i finally got it out of her, thanks to my cross examination skills, that she still lives with her "ex" gf in brooklyn. the last time we were supposed to meet for a drink was at catty shack in brooklyn, a club/bar that i have never been to. she canceled on me that day at 2pm saying that her "ex" was going to be home that night so she couldn't get out, since, of course, the "ex" doesn't know that she's on these websites looking for sex/love/romance. i obviously did not call her back. that was two weeks ago. i checked my email today and found this with the subject line "try, try again and again":
So sorry for all the false starts. I'll try calling again over the next couple of days. Let me know if I shouldn't bother. It would certainly be understandable!

to which i, justifiably, i think, responded with:
i am almost speechless at your email. almost. i really don't understand what it is that you want. you have canceled plans on me three times. there is a whole lot of drama here that has done nothing but waste my time. for what? a drink? i don't have time to work this hard for, well, nothing. it's annoying. frankly, i think that you might be a little crazy. you certainly haven't broken up with your gf. that's obvious. please, tell me why i should make plans with you again. i'd really like to know what it is that you think you have to offer me. i've offered up a tremendous amount of patience but i'm all out now.

i'm only sorry that hrr is not here to read this in real time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'd like to see the response to that email.

I think "i'd really like to know what it is that you think you have to offer me" would be a great conversation to have with any potential or current partner.

Cubed said...

I think the true response would be "I am stuck living with my GF and looking for someone to crash at their house."

Megan Crane said...

This is why I love you!