8.06.2007

Hmmmm

I was woken up this morning by someone ringing my doorbell...but by the time I got out of bed and made myself somewhat presentable, they were gone.

Upon leaving my building, I noticed a huge sign/rant taped up in the lobby.

Apparently, the gates that have been down for the past month at the closed dry cleaner across the street have been concealing rennovations to that building and its conversion to a wine bar. As neighborhood residents, we (the tennants and I) were supposed to be notified of this development and informed of the public hearing date related to the new business.

We're supposed to call and register a complaint with our local community board.

I'm REALLY glad that I didn't answer the door this morning, as I suspect it was my wacky building super, looking to commiserate on the evils of the wine bar. 'Cause I'm kinda psyched about having a new place to hang out...

2 comments:

andebobandy said...

if there is a sign in the front window that says it's seeking a liquor license, then they did their due diligence. they don't have to go knocking on doors or have a mailer or anything like that.

if you're into the idea, you should find out when they are having their hearing and go say so. as a bar owner i know that someone speaking up in your favor against the rabid raving house fraus and seriously o-l-d timers in a community board hearing would be soooo welcome.

Buggy B said...

I agree most people complain and don't want the bar or what ever it is in "their" neighborhood. Yet, when someone comes over and says let go for a drink guess where they head.

I just finished another race. If you have a chance read what happened this year in the WWR post BEFORE reading the latest post. It will make more sense.