11.08.2006

Signifying Nothing

I couldn't think of what to write about today.

I had a lot of half-formed thoughts in my head: my upcoming LMSW exam and the concept of me currently running amok in my hospital, practicing without a license; how I got soaked on my way to work this morning; fear that my space heater is going to set my desk on fire; seeing a bartender that I couldn't quite place while I was voting yesterday (context); world peace; social justice; hero tendencies.

No, no, no, no, no, no, and...no.

So I asked The Lawyer if she had any ideas:
How the rain messed up your hair and why lesbians are so cool.

Then I asked MM:
You could write about Mormons, actually just one Mormon named J that your friend works with who won’t drink coffee because he can’t have caffeine but will drink Coca-Cola. That’s annoying to me…those crazy Mormons and their crazy rules.

Then MS, who was clearly not indulging me:
How about writing about the ridiculousness of asking friends what ridiculous topics you could write ridiculousness about.

And The Librarian:

Write about how pathetic it is when you are 34 years old and lusting after a fictional character that is in high school. And you actually spend time thinking up why said character would be perfect for you. Not that I have done that or anything.

I quite obviously rule, having managed to write a post comprised of nothing but suggestions for posts.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to reward myself with a brownie cheese danish from Au Bon Pain.

No comments: