11.09.2006

The Life I Chose / The Life That Chose Me

Social Work is the pathway to riches.

This is true.

Take this past month, for instance, when I got a haircut that wasn't part of a free modeling project.

Or the work-related research conference that I attended today where both cheese *and* crackers were served.

Also please consider that I am sitting on my couch right now, enjoying Annie's Organics Mac N' Cheese and a glass of Coppola Rosso, courtesy of a weekend trip to Trader Joe's.

But there's more.

Tomorrow, I am travelling to Boston, and for the first time in what seems like forever, I will not be joining the huddled unwashed masses on the bus.

Greyhound will have to live without my $40.00 because I've booked a flight! Bonus: I'll make it there in less than the usual 10 hours. And there's a snack basket and DirecTV.

As I said, pathway to riches.

1 comment:

Groomzilla said...

I had those riches for about an hour and a half. Then Citibank Student Loans came and stole everything but my right molars. Which will come in handy when I eat my own fist for dinner tonight.