11.16.2006

Foolhardy

Current Music: 'A Quiet Mind' - Blue October




One of my favorite birthday presents this year was a t-shirt from L which reads 'Don't Drink And Dial'. Whenever I wear it, I feel like I'm part of an amusing public service announcement.

I should have been wearing that shirt last night. And aiming its directive toward myself.

After returning home from dinner and (too many) drinks with MM, I decided that 10:57 pm would be the perfect time to call The ARH. Apparently, that was also the perfect time to leave him a 3 minute and 17 second voicemail, vocalizing my thoughts on how much I was missing him, and how much I hate missing him, and how I had been at the scene of our last date, and...the rest of the details are blurry. The embarrassing part (oh really, only *one* part is embarrassing? I don't think so.) is that this phone call was made a mere 2 weeks after ending our relationship and asking him to refrain from contacting me at all in the future.

Gah.

Obviously, the blame cannot be placed with me, so I've spent the day thinking of other targets. Here's what I came up with:
- Vodka
- An earlier conversation about Singles which contains the best drunk-dial scene, ever. (YOU...BELONG..WITH...ME.)
- A text message from him last week
- The alignment of the planets and our horoscopes

(And yes, I realize that pinning it on the message from him is some sort of adult version of whining 'But he started it...' - I don't care.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that scene in Singles! "THIS ISN'T THE BATHROOM!"