11.28.2006

Bits

- I really want to get a Christmas tree. I love the scent of pine and turning off all of the lights and just having the tree illuminated. Unfortunately, the only area in my tiny living space that could accomodate a tree is directly in front of the radiator. So, if I got a tree, in addition to my current Grinch-like attitude, I'd be guilty of killing off a small part of Christmas.

- I found out today that my health benefits don't begin for another three months. Grrr. Until I'm covered, this continues to eliminate activites like skydiving, crossing the street, or climbing stairs (I'm highly accident prone).

- I think I'm dating again, which I fell into by accident when drinks with an acquaintance turned into...something different...last week. He's intelligent, kind, funny, and attentive. This sets off all of my alarm bells to run in the other direction. I guess I'll need to work that out somehow.

- For whatever reason, I cannot bring myself to do laundry tonight, so I might need to bring my dirty laundry to L's this weekend in Boston. That feels kinda immature and strange. I guess I'll need to work that out somehow.

- Over drinks last night, JP and I decided to take the month of January off from consumption of alcoholic beverages. Hm. Not a decision you'd expect to arrive at while having drinks.

- The Lawyer is thinking about moving into the city. The apartment beneath mine is vacant and currently being rennovated. I really want her to move in there, as I'm envisioning wacky Three's Company-style antics. But, you know, with two of us. And no Mr. Roper.

3 comments:

Dewey Dismal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dewey Dismal said...

Can't you wacky dope smokin' neighbor be Mr. Roper? And can I be Larry Dallas?

deleted & reposted because apparently I can't spell.

Anonymous said...

I too am still benefit-less, but more for the ineptitude of the insurance carrier I am stuck with than for the waiting time before I can start benefits. I have learned that many ailments can be healed holistically, perhaps even death if you repeat enough affirmations. ("I am not dead, I am not dead.")