11.12.2006

Good Example

I'm going to be an awesome parent someday. Consider all that I've achieved in the past 48 hours:

  • Advising EJ, age 10: The raw eggs in uncooked brownie mix are actually good for you, and may conteract the growth-stunting effects of coffee. This is how I grew to my current 5'5".
  • Balancing baby Audrey in one arm, drinking wine with the other...and not spilling a drop. Or a baby.
  • Contributing $7.00 to the 'swear jar' ($1.00 per offense).
  • Inventing a game where the players run at each other, throwing a nerf ball with as much force as possible at the other person, while yelling out random items off a Chinese food menu (HAPPY FAMILY!!!!!!).
  • Eating brownies with fudge topping for breakfast.
  • Watching hours upon hours of cartoons on Sunday morning.
  • Winning various staring, cross-eyed, 'see food' contests. And loudly proclaiming my dominance.
  • Adding to the tolerable level of chaos which already exists in a household full of kids and pets.

1 comment:

andebobandy said...

my friend hannah has never forgiven me for teaching her two year old how to "eat like a rat".

sounds like you might be on the same path.