11.15.2006

Gulp

The danger of the Venti Starbucks Peppermint Mocha (aside from the cost and the empty calories) is the ensuing caffeine/whipped cream/chocolate hyperactivity which manifests itself at work, where you’ve concluded during the past week that if you can’t change the stresses of your job, you can at least transform your environment.

This morning, while my blood was 90% coffee and 10% sugar, I spoke to my director about my latest brilliant idea - a weekly peer-to-peer supervision/case presentation meeting among the Social Workers, Case Managers and Interns in my program which will (undoubtedly) lead to greater collaboration, resource sharing, and teamwork. Somehow, by the end of the conversation, I’d committed to organizing and managing this assembly, a task which will strain my packed schedule to the tipping point.

There is an additional teeny tiny concern. As the newest and most inexperienced team member, I am hardly qualified to lead such a group.

Oh, and did I mention that my three-month performance appraisal (a slightly important review that determines if I will remain employed) is just around the corner?

Damn you, Starbucks. Damn you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yumm. That sounds delicious. And I can see how it got you into a predicament :-). You'll do great. You are smarter than 99% of the people out there.