7.02.2006

Lazy Sunday

Oh! It's July. This means that I absolutely need to check my horoscope. Other than a 9:00 pm showing of Superman Returns, my only other agenda item for the day is sitting on my couch and nursing a cold. I hate summer colds. They seem to linger more than other colds, and they just feel wrong. If my nose is running and my head aches and my cough sounds like something that belongs to a chain-smoking 80-year-old, and it's December - fine. But when it's bright and sunny outside? Wrong.

Friday night, had an awesome dinner in Fort Greene with DJ & BC *and* got to drool over their super-cute new apartment. I think I need to move to Brooklyn.

Yesterday, had an awesome (really need to stop using that word so much) day at Jones Beach, and an even better time eating dumplings and drinking gin & tonic in Miss Margaret's backyard garden (alcohol generously donated by MS & Groom, leftover from the wedding), followed by a bizarre foray into the Meatpacking District with the aforementioned grooms (during which we received roughly 1,274 dismissive looks, probably based upon our beach attire/bags) to meet up with my high school friend for a regrettably brief encounter after which I returned home and took the second best shower of my life (the first) and fell into bed.

Random Thought: Would it be appropriate during a job interview, when asked what my biggest weakness is, to tell the interviewer about my overuse of the word awesome?

2 comments:

Megan Crane said...

Our "encounter" sounds so naughty.

Next time-- maybe a little longer!!

ridiculous said...

heh. upon re-reading, it sure does...