7.17.2006

Job Update

I just spoke with the Social Worker at my Dream Job, and I can only hope that I didn't sound as stressed out and nervous as I felt.

The good news: she wants to bring me in for a 2nd interview.
The bad news: she is also interviewing two other people, and she has space to hire two Social Workers. One of us will be voted off the island. Also, she is waiting to hear from her HR department, so she is not sure when the positions will open up.

She asked if I was currently working, and I said that I was close to receiving an offer from another agency (which I am). Does playing 'hard to get' extend to employment opportunities?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. But it unfortunately won't always pan out, particularly where bureaucracy is involved.

Glad to hear things are starting to shape up!

Dewey Dismal said...

gillooly!

chichimama said...

Good luck...nothing wrong with playing hard to get in any situation!