10.15.2007

A Ridiculous Charade

Yesterday evening, my family came into town to celebrate my brother and SIL's birthdays, which had happened while I was drinking my way through the Emerald Isle.

Because we were going out to dinner in my neighborhood (um, I guess I mean my former neighborhood, at least for the month of October, and possibly beyond) we decided to meet at my apartment (um, I guess I mean my former apartment, at least for the month of October, and possibly beyond). So this involved making sure The Librarian was home so we could get in to my former/current apartment, then explaining to my family that she is staying there for the month.

"Oh", my mom said, "it must be crowded."

This was obviously the perfect time to explain to Mom that I have, in fact, been staying at B's (instead of living in my tiny apartment with two people and one queen-sized bed). But I kept my mouth shut, and nodded, because, you know, I am instantly 12 years old and seeking approval when dealing with my family.

And then, of course, woke up thinking about the whole mess today and felt even more childish and foolish for playing along with a game I didn't set up in the first place.

No comments: