10.11.2007

Ireland



I went to Ireland hoping thatr I could duplicate the idyllic picture on the front of this travel book. But none of the sheep seemed to want to cuddle with me. Strange.

Don't go to Ireland if you want to eat healthily. Or if you're opposed to drinking every day as soon as it hits 12 o'clock.

Also, it's probably a bad idea to see a short-ish Irish guy and tackle him, claiming that he is a leprechan and refusing to let go until he leads you to his "pot o' gold".

Not engaging with the crazy-eyed drunk man is also a good suggestion, especially when he starts muttering about his impending trip to NYC in November and some "unfinished business" that he needs to attend to.

The Librarian and I spent a fair amount of time on InishMore
drinking beer (Guinness for me, Harp for her) and then building "CanHenge". I think she has video of this. *Please note* we both have advanced degrees. And yes, we know that Stonehenge is not in Ireland.

Temple Bar is the "Meatpacking District" of Dublin. Annoying.

Most Irish people are friendly even when they figure out that you're American, the rare exception being those who will start yelling about George Bush and war mongering.

Lager and lime is just as tasty as it was in 1993 when I was in London.

No comments: