10.16.2007

Eating, Drinking, General Merriment

Yesterday morning, I dragged my ass to the gym before work.
(That is not nearly as impressive as it sounds because I didn't have to be at work until 11:00.)

My new, super elaborate, super ambitious plan is to go to the gym 5 days per week. Which is necessary when you consider last week/weekend:

1. I got home Tuesday from an entire week of an all-carb diet in Ireland.
2. To discover that B had ordered pizza with my favorite toppings (pepperoni and black olives) and who was I to resist?
3. Followed by, seriously, one of the best meals of my life at Gramercy Tavern the next day in celebration of our 3 month anniversary.
4. And then some bad news at work on Thursday, which resulted in serious bingeing that night. Why *do* we have all that cheese in the house?
5. Then it was Friday, so to celebrate the end of the work week, LDK and I meet at Moustache (which, as B pointed out, might be the worst name for a restaurant, ever - especially one where the food is just.so.good.) and falafel and pita are devoured, along with the better part of a bottle of wine.
6. Leading into Saturday, when The Librarian comes over to ogle the new 40" flat screen HDTV, uh, tv that B bought while I was away, and we order Chinese food.
7. Finished by Sunday with the fam at Cara Mia - various appetizers, gnocci and chocolate mousse cake.

1 comment:

andebobandy said...

moustache is one of our favorites. if you order delivery, you've only got about a 1 in 5 chance that you get what you ordered, but everything is usually pretty great, so it works out.