2.05.2007

Cross Training

Today is the official start of my 12 week training for this little race that I’ve been so preoccupied with since the start of the new year. As part of the program I am following, I need to cross train 2 days per week, which “could be swimming, cycling, walking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, etc.”

Given the reality of my life, I am considering the following alternatives:

Fighting to squeeze into a packed subway car during rush hour.

Worrying about overdue bills.

Observing the extended internal battle between my pragmatism and romanticism.

Lugging work presentation materials all over the Greater New York area.

Devising new and inventive ways to flirt with someone via MySpace.

Competitive grocery shopping an hour before the start of the Superbowl.

Eye-rolling, hair tossing, and fist shaking.

Blog posting.

No comments: