2.07.2007

Ridiculouschick 101

Ok, I’m stumped.

I’ve been asked to serve as a panelist for a Teen Dating Violence / Teen Sexual Assault conference taking place next week (which is mystifying enough on its own) and I need to prepare a short biography.

Ugh. I hate writing about myself. (I’m also a nervous public speaker, but I’m just going to have to put that aside for the moment. One episode of paranoia at a time, please.)

Maybe I can just send my list of General Interests…or something about how I love long walks on the beach, unicorns, and Precious Moments figurines…my Virgoan astrological profile…a link to this blog?

Because nothing real or professional (or real professional) is coming to mind at the moment.

Or maybe, on the day of, I could just smile, give my name, and ask “How you like me so far?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to like unicorns too, until a few nights ago I had a dream that some bunch of really mean-spirited people shot a horse to death with about 100 shotguns. The horse came back to life as a unicorn, but instead of being beautiful and graceful, it went around killing people with its horn. It was actually a really traumatic dream and I fear I'll never quite get over it.