2.20.2007

Little Pieces

- I have been sick for most of my 4-day weekend. Perhaps this is karmic retribution for calling out 'sick' last Thursday. Or just a message that I need to slow it down a bit.

- I just returned from the grocery store where I narrowly avoided purchasing more cake mix and frosting. Narrowly.

- After a few scant weeks of actual winter weather, I am longing for beach outings, symphony in Central Park, and Bryant Park movies. Or just to sit outside in the sun with a drink in my hand.

- It is perhaps funny, or sad, or both, that I was more achy after my first game of dodgeball last week than I am after working out with my trainer.

- I did some healing work with LK yesterday, which proved to me that being open is not quite the threat that I've always perceived it to be. I've spent a lot of energy trying to protect myself...and it all seems very silly right now.

- A conversation about bedbugs reminded me that it is a huge accomplishment that I've remained relatively clutter-free over the past year in my new apartment. I guess it took losing everything (twice) for me to discern what is necessary.

- Which, lately, is cake and Netflix.

No comments: