1.31.2007

A What In The Who Now?

I spent the morning at my school untangling the usual difficulties...

...only to return to my office and amuse myself with using Microsoft Word to compose 'Message' slips for the Valentine's Day Candy Fundraiser taking place at the school next week...

...and to think about the absurdity of organizing a Valentine's Day Fundraiser which involves the secret delivery of chocolate roses with notes, in that it mirrors an event held at my high school in which students received carnations from secret admirers - an annual tradition that was almost always traumatic due to the inevitable analysis of how many flowers one received and the direct proportionality to one's self-worth/popularity...

...which leads to wondering why I'm promoting the celebration of Valentine's Day at all...

...and causes me to reconsider my decision to reactivate my profile on match.com starting February 1st, because I'm not really in the right mindset to date anyone right now and given how painfully things shook out last time I was on match.com, do I really want to open myself up to that again?

...even though it's technically not match.com's fault, and as much as I'd like to place the blame squarely on Dr. Phil, the whole unraveling had very little to do with internet dating per se...

...but then maybe I just need to make a firm decision about the guy that I've been sort-of-but-not-quite dating for the past two months...

...and while I'm at it, figure out why I'm overly invested in the ridiculous messages flying back and forth between me and someone I've been referring to as 'myspace guy' (because, hey, I found him on myspace, and he's a guy)...

...but what I really need to do is just get back to work so I can leave on time to go to the gym, since my attempt at running last night resulted in a paltry 2 miles, and that's certainly not going to get me anywhere close to where I need to be on April 29th.

3 comments:

Dewey Dismal said...

We did the carnation thing too!
Oh, and I blame everything on Dr. Phil.

andebobandy said...

this sounds up your alley...
http://blackheartsparty.com/about/index.htm
i actually met my husband there.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

It's amazing that Valentine's Day (the farce that it is) only seems to be important when you're NOT in a relationship. When you are in one, it's like: "eeehh, whatever." and when you're not in one it's like: "OMG am I a loser??"

The whole thing is just crappy. And I blame Dr. Phil.