1.25.2007

Challenges Are Opportunities In Disguise

I'm not so in love with my job lately.
I've been supervisorless since January 2nd.

I will be losing my office within the next 30 days to a group of family practice doctors. There is no plan in place as to where I will go.

I'm still wrangling with my union over health insurance. No-one seems to be able to discern when my benefits start, but they are very good at deducting union dues from each paycheck.

I have a number of counseling clients whose issues are escalating, and I have no support/input as to whether my treatment modalities are effective (see 'supervisorless' above).

On Monday, a packet containing white powder was found in the semi-public bathroom across from my office. Yesterday, I arrived at work to find that someone had broken into my office and stolen client metrocards from my desk.

The Social Work Interns, in addition to being silly and immature, frequently call in sick. They are in the same program that I graduated from last May. They embarrass me.

And this morning, I got caught between some sort of power-struggle/pissing contest between our admin and another staff member.

Luckily, Yahoo Astrology is here for me:

A rude or unpleasant person will make your morning very interesting -- and give you a fresh perspective on where you are in your life right now. This person offers an example of what not to do ... and seeing him or her in action will make you very grateful for the choices you have made in your life. Your diplomacy will serve you well as you take stock of all the gifts you have in life. Extend a kind hand to the people who use anger to hide their sadness.


It's so clear now. To work my way out of this sulk, all that I need to do is breathe deeply and remind myself of the utter fabulousness of the non-work side of my life.

Damn.

I must be doing something wrong, because I'm having difficulty achieving a Zen-like state of mind. Any hand that I'm extending at the moment is likely to be engaged in a back-of-the-head punch, rather than in kindness.

No comments: