3.20.2006

Sobriety

Reason #592 to be happy about my current sobriety: The Walking Wounded

As I was walking up 9th Avenue from Port Authority (returning from a day in The Jerz with The Peanut) on Friday, I ran into many St. Patrick's Day celebrants. Of note was a woman whose face was covered with shamrock stickers, who had multiple green balloons tied to her wrist, and was so intent on devouring a slice of pizza that she walked right into me. I moved out of her way, but not before she roared ' HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY, MORON!' . When I looked back 1/2 a block later, she was vomiting on the sidewalk.

My friend JP wants to have a reverse intervention to encourage me to start drinking again. Based on the above, I'm not sure that's a good idea...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the luck of the Irish was with you; you might have been her vomit target otherwise.

I was just thinking how odd it was that I didn't see more puking on Friday. I'm grateful for it, too.

Pru said...

There are many good reasons to stay sober - I'm glad you ran into one...and even happier the example happened at a distance. I haven't read here for a while, but I'm glad I came back.

g said...

All things in moderation, I say.

Except bedbugs, which reminds me: Have you read Groomzilla's latest? Send help.