3.16.2006

Hello

I've been doing...absolutely nothing on my Spring Break. It's now 4:42 on Thursday and this is the first I've left my apartment in about 48 hours.

I've been thinking a lot about fate, circumstance, and destiny. How much do we control what happens in our lives, and how much of it is determined for us? At what point do you look at the events in your life and decide that they're part of a bigger lesson, or just throw your hands in the air and decide that it's pointless to look for meaning?

On the not-such-a-big-deal-but-still-weird front:

1) While on my way to the movies, I saw/pretended not to see The Jammer, randomly walking down my street.

2) DM and I met at Harrison's to watch Syracuse beat Georgetown (!) which turned out to be the same place in which R and his brother were meeting with friends before the Allman Brothers concert (btw., I've defined my personal version of hell, which involves an endless Allman Brothers jam session).

3) My friend Megan joined a book club and met one of my sorority sisters whom I have probably not spoken with since graduation.

I don't have answers to what all this means, but I think I should probably continue hiding out in my apartment until it becomes clear.

Edited to add: my horoscope from today...

There are many metaphysical books on the market now that tout the validity
of coincidence, or, more accurately, of the fact that there really is no such
thing as a coincidence, only a series of symbolic events that we're occasionally
smart enough to notice. When you notice just such a pattern occurring now, don't
question your sanity. You're absolutely right. Once you notice, you'll have the
answer to that pressing question you've been asking yourself.

1 comment:

g said...

"I've been doing...absolutely nothing on my Spring Break. It's now 4:42 on Thursday and this is the first I've left my apartment in about 48 hours."

It's a beautiful thing; so glad you've been doing as much nothing as you can this week.